1. The meeting was called to order at 9:30 AM on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 in the Dorothy Vocino Conference Room in the URI Library, Chairperson Byrd presiding. Senators Brady, Cerbo, Davis, Nassersharif, and Rice were present.
2. There were no minutes to approve.
3. The Committee discussed the upcoming (scheduled for Feb. 20) forum on the revised general education program. The FSEC has asked the UCGE Committee to present the revised general education requirements in proposed university manual and catalog language. The Committee discussed the possibility that the February 20th Forum will result in changes to the proposed general education program. Discussion ensued about how to accommodate potential changes in preparation for the March 20th Senate vote on the program.
4. UCGE Chairperson Maier-Speredelozzi and Professor Hicks joined the meeting at 10:05 AM. The Committee discussed with them the format of the upcoming forum and how to incorporate any changes from the forum into the revised general education requirements. Discussion ensued regarding the specifics of the revised program. Guests to the meeting left at 10:45 AM.
5. The Committee discussed the Administrator Evaluation pilot process and proposed Manual changes. Discussion followed regarding the final reports generated by the evaluation committees and the potential distribution of the reports to the administrators' constituencies. It was suggested that the evaluation committees be asked to summarize their reports by writing an abstract of major findings and conclusions for distribution.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 PM.
EVALUATION REPORT PROVOST DEHAYES posted 9/18/14
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)