Welcome to the Veterans Affairs Program
The University of Rhode Island welcomes student-veterans as vital members of our campus community. Your life experiences and sacrifices contribute to our educational environment and support our commitment to diversity. On behalf of the University of Rhode Island community, thank you for your service to our country.
The Veterans Affairs program at URI would like to assist you in your transition to academic life. We have many departments and individuals who are available to help veterans adjust to civilian and campus life. Our office is here to assist veterans, guardsmen, reservists, and others receiving VA Educational Benefits in making a successful transition into the URI community.
The Veterans Office at the University of Rhode Island is available to assist you with your VA benefits.
- Simplifying VA educational benefits
- Evaluating your academic record, and military and educational training
- Choosing the academic program that best suits your personal and professional goals
- Assisting with post-deployment transition issues
- Veterans organizations, special events, fundraisers and campus life
- Referrals to community-based organizations and the Department of Veterans Affairs
URI’s Veterans Affairs Office is located on the URI Feinstein Providence Campus, 80 Washington Street, Providence, RI in room 241.
For additional information or to make an appointment contact URIVeterans@gmail.com.
Servicemembers Orientation - June 19, 2013
URI Veterans Affairs
URI Feinstein Providence Campus, Room 241
Phone: 401-277-5417, 401-277-5160