Veterans Affairs Office
The University of Rhode Island welcomes all active duty military/reserve/veteran students to our campus community. Your life experiences and sacrifices contribute to our educational environment and support our commitment to diversity. On behalf of the University of Rhode Island community, thank you for your service to our country.
The URI Feinstein Providence Campus, Veterans Affairs Office-Room 245, would like to assist you in your transition to academic life. We have many departments and individuals who are available to help veterans adjust to campus and civilian life.
Our office is here to assist students receiving VA Educational Benefits in making a successful transition into the URI community by:
- Simplifying VA educational benefits
- Evaluating your academic record, and military and educational training
- Choosing the academic program that best suits your personal and professional goals
- Assisting with pre-deployment university paperwork and post-deployment transition issues
- Providing connections to on-campus Veterans organizations, special events, campus life, and
- Offering referrals to community-based organizations and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
DAV Mobile Van in Kingston Wednesday, Sept 10, 2014 9am - 3pm. Parked outside Memorial Union.
Meet and Greet The URI Supports Student Veterans Committee Invites you to join them on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 in the Memorial Union Atrium I as we Welcome Service Members and Student Veterans to the University of Rhode Island.
If you plan on using your VA GI Bill Benefits for the fall semester you need to get your paperwork verified as soon as possible.
Visit us or make an appointment at:
URI Veterans Affairs Office, Room 245
URI Feinstein Providence Campus,
80 Washington St, Providence, RI 02903
Jeff C. Johnson, Advisor, Jeff_Johnson@mail.uri.edu
Phone: 401-277-5188 or
Phone: 401-277-5417, 401-277-5160
Office hours: 8:30-4:30 pm