A winter storm warning has been issued for the entire state of Rhode Island. The University of Rhode Island is making the following changes to University operations for Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2024.
- All classes on all URI campuses are canceled tomorrow—Tuesday, Feb. 13.
Employee Schedules/Essential Employees
- Gov. McKee has announced that state offices—including URI offices—will be closed on Tuesday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., due to the severe weather forecast.
- Essential services will continue despite the inclement weather, and essential employees should report to work on campus as scheduled. If you are unsure of your position designation, please consult with your supervisor.
- Please review the state’s Adverse Weather Policy for more information surrounding the specifics of a closure event declaration.
- Campus activities: All campus activities are canceled.
- Dining Services: Butterfield Dining Hall, Main Fare at Hope Commons, Ram’s Den, and Brookside Bistro will be open and will follow normal hours of operation. Other retail dining locations will be closed.
- Health Services: Please check the Health Services website for hours of operation. If you have a medical emergency, dial 911.
- Recreation: Please check the Campus Recreation website for hours of operation. Recreation facilities may remain closed or may follow a limited schedule.
- Shuttle and Safe Ride: Safe Ride will end tonight at 1 a.m. Campus shuttle and Safe Ride services are canceled Tuesday.
- Libraries: Campus libraries will be closed.
Parking and Transportation
A full parking ban will be in effect from 10 p.m. Monday to 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Parking is prohibited on any roadway or roadside parking area on the Kingston and Narragansett Bay campuses; in any commuter lot; and in any faculty/staff lot.
Approved parking is permitted in:
- Lots 26 and 27 (Keaney and Boss) for resident permit holders only (Facilities Services requests that parking occur in the north end of the lot, closest to Mackal Field House)
- Lot 1 (Briar Lane)
- Lots 20 and 22 for resident permit holders only
- Fine Arts south for faculty, staff and student permit holders
Facilities Services asks that all state vehicles park close together on the north side of any parking lot to facilitate snow removal.
If you need assistance on campus, please contact URI Public Safety at 401-874-4910.