Skip to main content
URI Marching Band

Veterans Information

Please visit the Veterans page on the Enrollment Services website to find detailed information about URI Veterans' programs and application processes.

URI's Veterans Affairs Office is located on the URI Feinstein Providence Campus:

80 Washington Street
Room 258
Providence, RI 02903

To make an appointment contact:
URI Veterans Affairs
Jeff Johnson, Academic Advisor
Phone: 401-277-5417, 401-277-5160

What other services does URI's Veterans Affairs Office offer?

The mission of the URI Veterans Office is to assist veterans, guardsmen, reservists, and others receiving VA Educational Benefits in making a successful transition into the URI community.
This office is available to assist students with all VA benefits issues and can help students choose the program that best meets their individual needs. The office will also assist Veterans with post-deployment transition issues, transfer credits, and act as a liaison between the student and other campus departments.

How do I become eligible for Veterans' benefits?

Eligibility for education benefits is determined solely by the VA. Visit the GI Bill website for answers to most questions regarding benefits. You can also call the VA Education Hotline/Call Center at 1 (888) GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to inquire about education benefits.

How do I document RI residency for Military, Veterans, and Dependents?

Military Residency Form

How do I initiate Veterans' benefits?

Apply for Veterans' education benefits directly with the VA. The GI Bill is available to eligible veterans and eligible dependents/spouses of veterans. Visit the GI Bill website to apply for these benefits.

You can also call the VA Education Hotline/Call Center at 1 (888) GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to inquire about education benefits. If you are approved for the GI Bill, the VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) award letter.

How can I certify my student enrollment at URI?

A list of required forms and certifying information can be found online by clicking here.

Student enrollment must be certified by a school certifying official. Visit the URI Certifying Officials, Sharon Charlton or Roy Jones in the Office of Enrollment Services. They can be reached by email at

Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) award letter to the URI certifying official. You may also fax this document to 401.874.2002 or mail to:

Enrollment Services
6 Rhody Ram Way
Kingston, RI 02881

New transfer students who used GI Bill benefits at their previous institution and wish to continue using GI Bill benefits at URI must submit a VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training) with the COE.