Faculty and Staff
Robert A. Schwegler, PhD
MWF: 11:00 - 11:50 and by appointment
Hope College; University of Chicago
Writing about culture, scientific and technical writing, composition theory and pedagogy.
Courses Recently Taught:
WRT 105, WRT 106, WRT 201, WRT 302, WRT 333, WRT 512, WRT 645
Recent and/or Forthcoming Publications:
- Coming of Age: The Advanced Writing Curriculum, co-edited with Linda K. Shamoon, Rebecca Moore Howard and Sandra Jamieson.
- CrossCurrents Series, Boyton-Cook, forthcoming.
- "Interpretation and Composition Theory." JAC: A Journal of Composition Theory.
- The Longman Handbook for Writers and Readers, with Chris Anson, Longman, 1997, 1999.
- Writing in Depth (with Nancy Newman Schwegler and Robin Schutt), 2003.
- Patterns of Exposition 18 (2006).
- Choices: Values, Voices, and Strategies (with Nancy Newman Schwegler), 2006.
Consultant for Longman Publishers; Executive Board, Rhode Island Consortium on Writing; Advisory committee for the National Archives of Composition and Rhetoric; member, Council of Writing Program Administrators, NCTE, CCCC.
Current Research Interests:
Relationships between social theory and composition theory; the social and political dimensions of error; error in written English; economics of disciplinarity; the development of professional writing in the English renaissance.