URI to celebrate excellence May 17
WHO: URI President David M. Dooley, URI Foundation President Michael Smith, the URI Division of Research and Economic Development Vice President Peter Alfonso, and members of the University community.
WHAT: Excellence Award Ceremony to recognize outstanding URI individuals.
The URI Foundation Excellence Awards will be presented to:
1. Teaching Excellence: Stephen M. Barber, associate professor of English
2. Scholarly Excellence: Lisa L. Harlow, professor of psychology
3. Administrative Excellence: Joseph G. Fuscaldo, manager of Network Operations, ITS, Media & Technology Services
4. Staff Excellence: Patricia Victoria, coordinator of Employee Benefits, Human Resource Administration
The URI Division of Research and Economic Development in collaboration with the Council for Research will present:
*Intellectual Property Patent Awards
1. Yana Reshetnyak, Oleg Andreev, Donald Engelman, College of Arts and Sciences for: "Selective Delivery of Molecules into Cells or Marking of Cells in Diseased Tissue Regions Using Environmentally Sensitive Transmembrane Peptide"
2. Ying Sun, John DiCecco, Robert Hill, Jiang Wu, College of Engineering for:
"Processor Controlled Voltage-Current Analysis of Nerve and Muscle Tissues"
3. Marta Gomez-Chiarri, David R. Nelson, College of the Environment and Life Sciences for: "Delivery of DNA Vaccines into Fish by Immersion"
*Undergraduate Student Research
1. Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities: Justin Brown, College of Arts and Sciences
2. Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering: Cameron Frament, College of Arts and Science
*Graduate Student Research
1. Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities: Annie Fairlie, College of Arts and Sciences
2. Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering: Matin Amani, College of Engineering
* Early Career Faculty Research
1. Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities: Julie Coiro, College of Human Science and Services:
2. Angela Slitt, College of Pharmacy
* Advanced Career Faculty Research
1. Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities: Lisa Weyandt, College of Arts and Sciences
2. Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering: Zahir Shaikh, College of Pharmacy
WHEN: Thursday, May 17, 3 to 5 p.m.
WHEREL Swan Hall, Agnes G. Doody Auditorium, 60 Upper College Road, Kingston
For more information, contact Jan Wenzel, 401.874.1116