URI cancels all classes Feb. 08 and 09
Communications and Marketing, 401-874-2116
KINGSTON, R.I. -- February 7, 2013 -- The University of Rhode Island has announced that due to the winter storm "Nemo", all undergraduate and graduate classes on all campuses are canceled for Friday, February 8th and Saturday, February 9th.
Updated alerts can always be found at http://www.uri.edu/news/alert/
: Until further notice, URI offices will be open and staff members are expected to report to work. All non-essential staff who wish to stay at home will be required to discharge time under the inclement weather protocol, if they wish to get compensated for Friday.
: Effective 7 am on Friday, February 8, there will be NO PARKING on University roadways, including Flagg Rd., Upper College Rd. and Lower College Rd. Vehicles that remain parked in those areas after 7 am Friday morning will be towed off campus at the owner's expense.
• Members of Fraternities and Sororities will receive additional parking information from their FMA House Managers.
• Dorm residents will receive an email from Housing and Residential Life with additional parking information.
Parking bans are in effect in South Kingstown, Narragansett as of 7 a.m. Friday.
Friday, Feb 8
• Butterfield and Mainfare Dining Halls will have continuous service after lunch then both dining halls will close at 5 PM.
• Ram's Den, Rhody Market, and Corner Store will close at 2 PM
Saturday, Feb 9
• Mainfare Dining Hall will open for Brunch and Dinner
• Ram's Den, Rhody Market, and Corner Store CLOSED ALL DAY.
Big Chill Weekend
: URI Alumni Big Chill Weekend has been rescheduled due to winter weather conditions. Festivities will be held March 22-23, 2013. Finalized details and more information will be available at www.uri.edu/bigchill
For updates on URI athletics, go to gorhody.com