With the National Weather Service forecasting a winter storm to dump snow throughout the region, beginning Friday evening and lasting into Sunday, the University urges its campus community to exercise caution during the storm’s duration.
The University has instituted a full parking ban, which starts at 6 p.m. Friday, Jan. 28, and will continue through 6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 30.
A full parking ban means:
No parking on
• Any roadway or roadside on the Kingston (including Flagg Road) or Narragansett Bay campuses
• The parking spaces on the south side of Quarry Road located outside of ZBT and Hillel.
• The parking spaces on the uphill south side of Fraternity Circle outside Delta Zeta
• All commuter lots
• All faculty/staff lots
• Lots 26 and 27 (Keaney and Boss), resident permit holders only should park close together in the north end (closest to Mackal) of the Lot.
• Lot 1 (Briar Lane).
• Students: Lots 20 and 22 resident permit holders only should park close together
• Fine Arts south (faculty, staff and students)
• Facilities Services asks that all state vehicles park close together on the north side of any parking lot to facilitate snow removal.
Be aware of these areas and park appropriately in approved locations. Vehicles parked in an area where no parking is permitted during a full parking ban will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
If you need assistance, please contact the Public Safety Dispatcher at (401) 874-4910, 24-hours, 7 days a week or Transportation and Parking at (401) 874-9281 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.