The University of Rhode Island joins MITRE and regional BlueTech partners for a groundbreaking celebration of MITRE’s new BlueTech Lab and the formation of the Northeast BlueTech Science and Engineering Acceleration (BlueSEA) Coalition.
BlueSEA Coalition Partners:
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- University of Rhode Island
- Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport
- New England, MassChallenge
Partners, regional and national leaders will join to break ground for the new MITRE BlueTech Lab – a state-of-the-art, all-weather maritime test facility, and a national resource for advancing undersea testing, innovation, and collaboration. Holding roughly 500,000 gallons of water, the lab’s test tank will support research, testing, and rapid prototyping in acoustic sensing, acoustic communications, unmanned underwater vehicles, maritime autonomy, and climate science research and development.
- Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
- Rep. Seth Moulton (D-MA-6)
- Rep. Jake Auchincloss (D-MA-4)
- Chris Albert, State Director, Senator Jack Reed (D-RI)
- Rele Abiade, Deputy State Director, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
- Ryan Curtis, Director of Intergovernmental Affairs, Congressman James Langevin (D-RI)
- RDML (sel) Chad Cary, supporting the duties of the deputy director NOAA Corps and OMAO
- Charles Clancy, MITRE, senior vice president, general manager, MITRE Labs, chief futurist
- Marc B. Parlange, president, University of Rhode Island
- Jason Gomez, CTO, Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport
- Hope Hopkins, managing director, early stage, New England, MassChallenge
- Kathleen Federico, MITRE, senior vice president, chief people & corporate strategy officer
- Peter de Menocal, President, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Douglas Robbins, MITRE, vice president, engineering and prototyping, MITRE Labs
Wednesday, November 10. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. ET. The program will begin at 10:15 a.m. followed by an optional tour of MITRE Labs, which span cyber, AR/VR, and antennae technologies
The program and groundbreaking will take place outdoors. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to clear security. Parking is free. Please follow directional signs to event.
MITRE Bedford Headquarters
202 Burlington Road
Bedford, MA 01730-1420
The program is free and open to media. RSVP to email@example.com. All attendees will be required to provide a photo ID and proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Only U.S. citizens will be allowed to tour the indoor labs.
- Jordan Graham, firstname.lastname@example.org, 781-490-3362
- Mike Murphy, email@example.com, 781-715-4032
- Linda Acciardo, Lindaa@uri.edu, 401-300-9650
- All visitors to MITRE are required to show valid proof of having received a COVID-19 vaccine (a vaccination card or photo of a valid card). Vaccination status will be verified upon arrival.
MITRE’s mission-driven teams are dedicated to solving problems for a safer world. Through our public-private partnerships and federally funded R&D centers, we work across government and in partnership with industry to tackle challenges to the safety, stability, and well-being of our nation. Learn more at http://www.mitre.org
About the University of Rhode Island
The University of Rhode Island is a competitive and highly regarded public institution in New England and beyond. Founded in 1892, the University of Rhode Island is the principal public flagship research and graduate institution in Rhode Island, with 17,609 undergraduate and graduate students. Visit uri.edu to learn more.