March 1, 2023
Spring 2023 Student Senate elections for all senate positions for 2023-2024 are being conducted online on the digital platform Campus Labs, which was purchased by the senate.
To be held today, March 1 (beginning at 12:15 a.m.) and Thursday, March 2 (concluding at 11:45 p.m.), elections will be held for the following senate positions:
- President & Vice President (by ranked voting);
- Student Senators (At-Large, Off-Campus, and On-Campus by popular vote); and
- Academic College Representative Senators (Arts and Sciences, Business, Education and Professional Studies, Engineering, Environment and Life Sciences, Health Sciences, Nursing, Pharmacy, and University College by popular vote).
All students need to log into the Campus Labs site via: https://uri.campuslabs.com/engage/ with their URI email and e-campus password.
Voting will occur at: https://uri.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/election/start/580218
Students will see the elections for which they are eligible to vote by constituency.
Student Senate has also put forth a referendum to amend its constitution to:
- Allow for a part-time student to serve;
- Require that the speaker of the Assembly be elected from among the senate’s voting members;
- Dissolve the positions of Director of Operations and Director of Information with duties to be reassigned to the Director of Treasury and the Director of Communications, respectively.
Student Senate has voted in support of this referendum and now seeks the student body’s approval.