- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man- He’s acted with Vanessa Redgrave in London’s hottest play, The Inheritance. The New York Times says he’s an actor to watch. And Broadway.com gushes that he “burns with a bulb-shattering voltage.”
- A Perfect Fit: The Human Side of Wearable Technology- Kunal Mankodiya and his students are developing wearable technology to monitor, treat, and help people with Parkinson’s and other medical conditions.
- Infinite Possibilities- Chemistry and physics double major, Ryan Vallee ’19 spent last summer working in the Center for Organic Photonics and Electronics Research lab at Kyushu University in Fukuoka, Japan, where he developed three molecules involved in organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs).
- Caring for Wildlife- Arianna Mouradjian '07 has done just about every job at the Wildlife Clinic of Rhode Island. She calls it a "labor of love." At the clinic, where caring for orphaned and injured wild animals is a rewarding effort, URI students fill an urgent need for volunteers.
- Sustainability by the Numbers- URI was selected as a 2018 U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School, Postsecondary Sustainability Awardee thanks to sustainability efforts across campus.
- Exploring Space and Time- In one way or another, all of our learning is connected to exploring space and time. Sometimes, just not in ways we can calculate.
- The Pearl Maker- When Brendan Breen ’18 learned in his aquaculture class that the natural pearl production process can be induced by implanting a foreign object, he was inspired.
- Freedom of Thought- As a graduate student at the University of Chicago, Cheryl Foster found herself at a crossroads. She’d decided to take a leave of absence from her graduate program at the University of Chicago, but for what?
- Catch of the Month- URI Dining Services now features sustainable, locally sourced fish through the Catch of the Month Program.
- Milestone Game- More than 1,000 fans, dozens of URI men’s hockey alumni, and family and friends turned out to honor Augustine for reaching the 1,000-game milestone.
- Be Greener. Here’s How.- URI’s campus sustainability officer, Marsha Garcia, shares tips for living more sustainably. Most are simple, and the upshot—they just might make you happier and healthier.
- We want to hear from you!- We all have that one class or that one professor that stands out in our memories. Whatever your unforgettable story is, we'd love to hear it.
- Bookshelf: Spring 2019- Check out the latest books by alumni authors—and share yours!
- Aperture- Fery Sutyawan took this photo in summer 2017, when he did a field observation at Nizam Zachman for his dissertation research.
- A Legacy of Sweat, Bricks, and Mortar- It was the famous summer of ’69, and my junior year at Rhody was history. Now it was time to get my summer job lined up.
- Gulf Stream Mission- This wind- and solar-powered ocean drone was launched from Newport Shipyard in January to spend a month in the Gulf Stream collecting data about heat transfer and carbon exchange.
= Caption This =
Do you have a funny idea for a caption for this photo from the URI Archives?
Let us know!