An expert entomologist and a beekeeping chemist join forces to save honey bees from their biggest threat, the hive-wrecking varroa mite.
- “I’m Asking About Your Purpose on Earth” - Professor Tolani Olagundoye on leadership and emotional intelligence.
- An Engine for Growth and Discovery - Big Ideas. Bold Plans. The Campaign for the University of Rhode Island continues to transform the University.
- Bach In Flight - Join music faculty member and award-winning classical guitarist Adam Levin on listening journey with J.S. Bach.
- Featured Faculty Book: Making Livable Worlds - Elevate your reading list with these new titles by URI faculty authors.
- Feedback and From the Editor - Feedback from readers about our spring 2023 magazine and letter from the editor
- News: In Brief, News Ticker, Media Spotlight - URI news to keep you in the know.
- Sweet Success - Ella Schneider ’26 is finding sweet success in the world of bean-to-bar chocolate.
- Thank You, Mom - Meet this year’s inspiring student Commencement speakers.
URI Research and Scholarship Photo Contest
- All the Right Moments - Brig. Gen. Elliott R. Thorpe ’19, Hon. ’51, sent a warning to Washington, D.C., in 1945 that, had it not been dismissed, might have changed the course of history.
- An Amazing Reconnection - Life took Norm Schoeler ’71 and Barbara DeCubellis Taylor ’70 separate ways and then brought them together—again!
- Moon Gate - URI research assistant professor Ang Cai, Ph.D. ’17 pursues photography for the pure fun of it.
- Raring to Go - Dottie Cunningham ’64 teaches learn-to-skate classes for the over-50 crowd.
- Remembering a Legend: - In her 45 years at URI, Professor Emerita Agnes Doody worked tirelessly to help her students and to make the University a better place.
- The Mayor of Kingston - Dave Lavallee ’79, M.P.A. ’87, and his family unearthed a bit of URI history when they found his dad’s typewritten 1938 speech and photo from his run for the mayor of Kingston.
- Two Rams in Love - David Nicolato ’98 and Cortney Nicolato ’01 break the mascot code of silence to share their story in celebration of Rhody’s 100th birthday.