From the presidential inauguration to the Super Bowl, poetry is everywhere—and URI is no exception.
“Working with the people of the University of Rhode Island has been the highlight of my career.”David M. Dooley
- Feedback - We are grateful for the comments and letters you shared in response to our Fall issue.
- Writing a Pandemic Playbook - URI athletic director Thorr Bjorn on adapting to college athletics during COVID
- Attracting Excellence: Faces of URI - Meet recipients of the Ryan and Verrecchia Scholarships.
- Redefining Sustainable Fashion - Grad student Lauren Machado’s winning business plan puts sustainable fashion forward.
- You Can Quote Me - URI experts are quoted in the media frequently. Here are a few that bear repeating.
- A New Way—and Good Reasons—to Go Back to School - The new URI Online program offers accessible education for working students.
- Learning Is Engagement - Communication studies professor Kathleen Torrens wants her students to become citizen-participants.
- Lessons in Pandemic Survival, or How Shakespeare Became a Superstar - English proffessor Travis Williams on what Shakespeare can teach us about pandemic survival.
Stroll down Memory Lane, check out last issue’s winners, and send your best caption for this issue!
Fall Winners: Contemplating Crops
This photo from the URI Archives sparked a lot of funny captions from alumni of all ages.Fall Winner’s Circle